If you wish to send your children to study in the USA, you’d better know how the education in the USA is. It is necessary for you as parents to know that there is a huge range of opportunities and choices. Make sure you have known all of the information before making a decision. One thing for sure, studying in the USA is beneficial.
The USA’s Education System
It is compulsory for people in the USA to get the education when they are five to eight years old that ends when they are sixteen to eighteen years old. You probably have known that it is public, private, and home schools that provide the education in the USA. Local, state, and federal government fund the education. The standards of the education are set by the state governments, who also set and supervise the standardized tests for the public school system—K12.
Public schools are free to have their own education standards. However, some regulations from the State Governments in the USA still have to be applied by public schools.
The USA’s Compulsory Education
• Elementary School
• Middle/Junior High School
• High School
American people can get compulsory education from public schools, private schools, and home schools. Children of five to six can go to kindergarten first. After that, they can go to the first grade until the twelfth grade when they turn seventeen to eighteen years old. After finishing their high school, American people can continue to a college or to university. It is up to them if they want to continue their study to get a higher degree. There are many colleges and universities in USA, and many of them are internationally famous and prestigious. See more explanation below.
What to know before applying to schools
Generally, the admission to enter schools in the USA is based on High School GPA (Grade Point Average), Extracurricular Activities, ACT or SAT exam scores, Written Essay, High School course, https://agenpoker899.com/ and an interview. Most universities will also check if their students-to-be have taken certain courses as the preparation to be continued in the universities. The admissions also consider GPA very important since it can show them how well the potential students are in high school.
The activities the potential students had in their high school, such as athletic teams, art club, scholastic club, theater club, etc, can be the things that the admissions take into consideration. Obviously, students with those kinds of activities will have the skills of leadership and teamwork. Some schools set certain standard like SAT and Act scores for their students to earn the admission. Writing an essay with a specified length and topic is a must when applying to a university.
What to know about Undergraduate and Graduate Studies
Some of you may be unfamiliar with the word undergraduate, which is the same with Bachelor Degree. Students who try to earn their Bachelor Degree are called undergraduate students. The university where they study may require them to take courses in various disciplines before they choose their major study field as their specialization. To get an undergraduate degree, a student should fulfill some credits determined by the university where he/she studies. Undergraduate students don’t have to write a final thesis.
Students in their pursuit to get Master’s and Doctoral Degrees will have one study field that they have been studying from the very beginning. The students in their pursuit to get a Master’s Degree are called graduate students. Before graduating, they are required to write a final thesis. Doctoral students will have to do both oral and written components to qualify the doctoral exams.
After passing the exams they will go to their candidacy and have to start writing their dissertation. After they finish writing the dissertation, they have to present it orally to the committee handling candidates and prepared with all their questions. If they pass the presentation, the university will give them a doctoral degree.
Are you now more determined to send your children to study in the USA? It is great if the article about the USA’s education system does give you enough information.
It is true that the education cost in the US gets higher and higher each year. Some are lucky enough to have such rich parents to help them pay the tuition, some have to think about how to search for institutions who can help them pay the tuition. If you also have the ambition to continue your study in the US, but you are in the dark about the finance http://220.127.116.11/, see the institutions that can fund your education in the US below.
The Institutions that can help you fund your education in the US
- First thing first, search for those in your country that can help you fund your study in the US. Your government, companies, and organizations can be your funder. If you have found those aid institutions, learn about them well. Make sure you know that there will be the stipulation that you have to follow.
- Another to help fund your USA’s education is the Fulbright Commission. Other International organizations, such as The United Nation, World Council of Churches, AMIDEAST, World Health Organization, and Soros Foundation, are there to help you as well. You know that there are millions of people who want to study in the US, so make yourself eligible to be given aid by one of those organizations mentioned. Learn well about them, and learn well about how to get the aid from them and learn about their stipulations as well.
- You know that the university or college that you want to study at may give financial aid for your study in the US. Go to their website and learn well about everything regarding the fund.
- The US Government may give international students financial aid to study in the US. You should learn about this education fund on the website of the US Embassy in your country.
- There are International Students Loans to help international students studying in the US. Of course, there are requirements to be eligible to get this kind of loan. You need to be careful with your debt since it has interest. You have to borrow the money only for the tuition and living cost.
- It is also possible for you to search for those who can give financial aid to study in the US online. There are some websites explaining how to get financial aid to study in the US like IEFA.
- When you are already a student in the USA, there will be a chance for you to work in the institution you study at. Yes, there will be strict requirements for international students. So, try your best and luck to get hired.
What do you think? Are you more confident to study in the US? The article about how to get a financial aid for your study in the US does give you enough information, right?
The education in the USA basically offers many options for international students. Commonly, before deciding to continue the study, the students may be confused about the university and the study program to choose. Meanwhile, there are also some other factors that influence someone’s choices later; they are the location and life cost. Well, are you interested to learn more about the educational system in the USA? Here is the brief explanation.
The Primary and Secondary Schools
To continue to the higher level, American students must pass through levels namely the primary and secondary schools for around 12 years. The years are known as the grade 1-12. Therefore, when they are about 6 years old, the American children start to join the primary school. It is known also as the elementary school for 5-6 years. Next, it is continued by the secondary school.
Meanwhile, the secondary school consists of two programs; the middle or junior high school and the high school. The students find the diploma or certificate after graduation. Sure, after that, they can continue to the higher level; it is the http://18.104.22.168/ college or university. The college or university is known also like the higher education.
The Evaluation System
If you are an American student, you need to send the academic transcript to register yourself to the college. If the transcript fulfills the requirements, there is a higher chance that you will be accepted. Of course, in some colleges, there are some other requirements aside from the transcript for being accepted.
During college time, there is the grade for each of the course. The total grades of all the courses are known as the Grade Point Average (GPA). The GPA is functioned as the measurement of your academic achievement. First of all, the courses are measured using the number but then they are converted to the letters.
The Academic Years
The academic calendar is commonly started at the end of August or the beginning of September. It is then continued until May or June. For the international students, although they feel excited to study in the USA, they may adapt to some matters including in term of the season. Yes, the beginning of the academic year is the autumn. So, make sure to maintain the health.
On the other hand, the beginning of the academic year is indeed designed for the adaptation process. So, make sure to make use of this moment as well as possible for both studying and making many friends.
The university or college in the USA provides many scholarship programs for the local or foreign students all around the world. The scholarships are commonly intended to them the achieved ones to help them fund their education. So, are you interested to hunt the scholarships for colleges? Sure, there are some requirements given that sometimes they look not easy at all. What are they?
Good Academic Transcripts
Well, the good academic transcripts cannot be simply avoided by you who are interested to find the US scholarship. Uniquely, there is actually not a definite standard but it is more based on the major and educational level chosen. But above all, you need to register yourself for the scholarship on time. It is because the term of scholarship it is always competitive. The preparation is even needed to start around 5-12 months before the intended academic year.
Meanwhile, some colleges also require the scholarship hunters with some factors like the extracurricular activities and the volunteering experiences. For the extracurricular activities, it means that the chance is opened mode widely for them who are capable and outstanding in a certain field like https://daduonline888.com ,sport, arts, and the likes. For the volunteering experiences, it is for you who have experiences in term of volunteering like helping the disaster victims and more.
The Famous Scholarship from the US Government
Compared to the scholarships from the private company, the governmental ones are commonly the most demanded by the students. It is not only about the prestige actually, but the governmental scholarship also tends to have higher value than the private ones.
Some of the US government scholarships are Foreign Fulbright Student Program and Humphrey Fellowship Program. The Foreign Fulbright Student Program is intended for the international students who register to the master program or Ph.D. The fund involves the educational cost, health insurance, course books, flight tickets, and life cost.
On the other hand, the Humphrey Fellowship Program is given to the professionals who have been professional enough with the leadership potential and public dedication. It is given for only a year and it includes all the costs during the educational program. But to get this scholarship, you cannot pick the college as you want. You are more about being directed to a certain college or institution that is based on your interest, skills, and competence.
What to Remember
Every scholarship has its own criteria and characteristics. In many cases, you indeed need to show your achievements and interests. And when the judges are interested in what you have, there is a higher chance that you are accepted.
United States of America or USA is a big country with a population of more than 200 million people. For many reasons, the educational system in the USA has been the references of the system in any other countries. Interestingly, some of them are quite easy to adapt even if your countries don’t apply exactly the same curriculum with the USA. So, how are the systems? Check them out.
Discussion-Based Educational System
In the USA, the students are demanded and supported to love reading even at home and at http://22.214.171.124/. This way, they will not come to the class with nothing on their head. What they have been read before are then shared and discussed with their friends in pairs, groups, or even the whole classmates. The topics discussed are varied based on the courses. Uniquely, this habit has been started as early as possible since they are still in the elementary schools.
The discussions are proposed to find and share the ideas. So, the students tend to be active and able to communicate well in front of their own classmates. More importantly, the discussion is running by the students themselves. The teacher simply monitors them although he or she also has the right to share his or her ideas.
What is STEAM? It stands for science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. In other words, the education system in the US covers all fields including the science and arts. STEAM is also known as the applied learning method using the inter-knowledge approach. In the application, STEAM is accompanied by the active lesson with the problem-solving. This way, the students get used to think critically and analytically as well as they are more focused on the solution.
Interestingly, STEAM is not only about giving lessons regarding the objects like arts, sciences, and math. It also tries to improve the students’ creativity with the tasks given by the teachers. The materials given are more applicable. The students are also demanded to make such an innovation that is beneficial for the people around.
In fact, based on the research conducted by the National Science Foundation in 2017, 10 years later, almost 80% of work fields will need STEAM competence ability. That’s why; for the graduates with STEAM curriculum, there is a higher chance for them to find better jobs and salary.
So, are you interested to continue your study in USA? Before registering yourself for the college or scholarships, it seems better to practice the education system of USA by yourself through the simple methods. Well, being involved in discussion and improving the creativity can be the keys of the success.
Most people want to continue their study in the USA. If you are lucky enough to get a chance to study there, obviously you have to make some preparation in order to make you feel more confident. The preparation below will surely help you out.
What to prepare before you study in the USA
- The USA is famous to be strict about travel requirements. Before entering the country, students should prepare passport, visas, travel medical insurance, and other additional documents. The USA’s government surely needs to have all those documents to check them as non-immigrant staying in the USA. You’ll need to apply for a student visa called F1 Visa if you are not an exchange student. For this, you should learn how to get a student visa from the website of the USA Embassy in your country.
- Having a health insurance for students in the USA is a must for you. So, learn about it well. If you have already bought a health insurance in your country, find out if the provider can cover your health in the USA. If it cannot, you should try another thing. When you apply for the student Visa, usually you will be given the information about the health insurance you need to have in the USA. It is great if you learn it from the USA Embassy regarding insurance.
- Going to the US for studying is not that easy, you should learn about their culture as much as you can about the state you’ll be staying, its people, foods, habits, weather, etc.
- Learn about the state’s public transportation. Especially if you will stay in the place where you should take a public transportation to your campus.
- To make your life easier there, it is beneficial if you find out if there is a community of people from your country.
- For some people, studying and staying in the USA can be very expensive. If you also think that it is very expensive to study there, you can consider students’ loans, scholarship, and grants that can help you financially. Those who get the scholarship from the very beginning, you can take a part-time job available on your campus. There will be information about this.
- Be more persistent and hardworking in order to finish your study with a flying color. Universities in the USA are famous to have great facilities, so it is necessary for you to make the most of the facilities to help you finish your study.
Are you more persistent to study in the USA? Hopefully, the article about the preparation to study in the USA can be beneficial to you.